Cosimo is happy to announce that author Lexa Roséan will be leading several workshops and discussing her books at the upcoming HexFest!
Hexfest will be held June 3 to June 5, 2016 at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel (New Orleans' most haunted hotel!) in New Orleans, Louisiana. For schedule information and ticket purchases, please visit HexFest.com.
Lexa will lead two workshops over the course of the weekend:
Supermarket Sorcery: Using Everyday Ingredients to Make Your Wishes Come True
- Lexa will discuss quick-fix spells using supermarket ingredients to meet your magickal needs.
- Bring your favorite food item or food you constantly crave and Lexa will reveal what magick you are unconsciously working to create.
- Learn how to create your own effective spells using Supermarket ingredients
- Learn when to use internal (ingesting spell ingredients) versus external (incense, candles, etc) ingredients
and Astrology and Tarot Clasp Hands: Joining Divination Techniques
- Bring your natal chart if you have it - if not, Lexa will be able to draw up select student's charts to illustrate to the class providing the birth time is known
- If you have a Tarot deck - bring it!
- Discover how to predict accurate timing through astrological knowledge of the Tarot.
- Learn how to do health readings with both Tarot and Astrology
About the Supermarket Sorceress, Spells, Charms, and Enchantments Using Everyday Ingredients to Make Your Wishes Come True
In this enchanting book, experienced psychic, witch, and high priestess Lexa Roséan offers spells for every occasion in an amusing, magically effective, and easy-to-follow guide. Formulating spells based on history and legend, Lexa tailors tried-and-true Ancient Magick to the modern reader, substituting hard-to-find wild ingredients with their supermarket counterparts, resulting in spells that are simple and inexpensive. By following some simple rules--performing spells at a certain time of month, using fresh ingredients, with a specific intent--Lexa makes it possible for even the most inexperienced spell caster to successfully perform magick and get results. Lexa's philosophy is based on using your wishes and her spells to make positive things happen in your life, whether it's attracting success or improving your love life.
The Supermarket Sorceress was the first in a series of four books offering spells and enchantments using simple grocery-store ingredients. Originally published in 1996, this updated version includes new and revised spells and an introduction looking back 20 years and reflecting on the circumstances that inspired the original publication and launched the "Supermarket Sorceress" identity.
The Supermarket Sorceress is available in paperback at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and in various eBook formats. For attendees wishing to buy the book at the festival, be sure to visit Hex Old World Witchery Bookstore, where her books will be on sale during HexFest.
About the Author
Lexa Roséan is a Wiccan High Priestess and has been counseling clients for more than thirty years through the medium of psychic Tarot and astrology. She also holds a master's degree in psychoanalysis. A leading pagan author, Lexa has published eight books on magick and the occult. She wrote the astrology column for CosmoGirl and worked as an astrology consultant for Seventeen magazine. The Village Voice named Lexa NYC's Best Witch and she has made numerous television appearances, including CNN, Fox News, and MTV. She has been written about in various news media including the New York Times, USA Today, and Entertainment Weekly, among others. For more information see her website.